So its that time of year again where all of us college students have to knuckle down and study but all we find ourselves doing is everything but that. So I thought I would put together some tips that I hsve used throughout the years to help me concentrate and get my study done.
1. A quiet room is a must, I don’t know about ye but I can’t study if there is any tiype of talking or music going on in the background. This might not affect some of you but I know personally I have to be in a quiet room. Where that is my bedroom or the college library it doesn’t matter, once I’m not getting distracted by noise, my study can begin.
2. Colours. I can’t study unless my notes are colourful. I only write in blue pen but when it comes to headings, I have to have them in different colours, like pink, blue, grean and purple. All bright colours to separate each heading and make it easier to read and help me concentrate on the notes on the page.
3. Keep snacks and water near. If you are going for a long study session then it is a good idea to have a bottle of water and some snacks to keep your brain awake and able to function for a long period of studying. If you are studying for a long period of time, you will find that you begin to feel drowsy and not really keep any of the information in that you judt learned, so refueling yourself is a must.
4. Take a break. Studying for exams can get overwhelming when it is all you seem to be doing. So its a good idea to spend some time with friends and family to help you relax. Also, some me time is also good to have, a nice bath and listen to your favourite music dancing around the house is also a good way to relax and feel a bit more energised to get back into the work later.
5. This may be the hardest one but keeping your phone away from you and on silent will help you get all your studying done so much quicker. It is difficult to do sometimes but telling your friends that you will talk later, that you are studying is really important to get all your work done way quicker!
So thats is for today’s post, I hope you all enjoyed it or got some help out of it. Good luck to anyone who has exams soon, I know exactly what you are going through right now. Let me know in the comments what other tips you find handy to help you study. See you in my next post
Thank you for reading,