It’s A New Year!

So it’s officially 2018, can you actually believe it. I honestly haven’t gotten my head around it yet. 2018 is hopefully going to be a lot better than 2017, I’m going to be honest with you and say that 2017 had to be one of the worst if not the worst year of my life. Completely for personal reasons which I won’t be going to talk about on here.

In regards to my blog though, it was a great year. I started this blog in December of 2016 and just celebrated a year of blogging. To think that in a year over 3,500 of you have followed my blog, amazes me! I just hope that this new year brings even more for my blog. The support from you all has meant so much to me. I honestly can’t thank you all enough for all the support you have given me in the last year! So thank you all so much and here’s to another year together! <3

If you have been following my social media you might have seen that last night I decided to make a big decision for my blog and go self hosted. I honestly can’t even describe to you how excited I am about it! It’s something that I’ve been meaning to do for so long and I’m so happy that I took the plunge and did it! It won’t change for you guys, in regards to viewing my blog or seeing my posts, everything will remain the same, I will just be self hosted so that I will have all the control when it comes to my blog. If you would like me to do a post about going self hosted then let me know in the comments and I’ll do one for you all. It should be all finished in the next week but of course I will keep you all up to date on my social media and here in my posts.

When it comes to my personal life this year there is a lot of going on. I have 2 weddings, my sisters in Autumn which I am the chief bridesmaid of and I’m so excited for it! The second is my cousins wedding and that is a winter wedding, I’ve never been to a winter wedding so I’m so excited to see what its like! Before all that happens though, myself and my boyfriend are both graduating from our college degrees this year. We are both about to go into our last semester of college after spending four years studying for our degrees, I’m getting so excited to graduate and see what is next to happen in our lives.

I’m hoping to move out this year but this is something that solely depends on whether I can get a full time job straight out of college. Moving out is not something I will focus on a lot this year as I want to be in the right position financially before I do so. So this year will be all about saving! Exciting haha

I am off to Edinburgh for a girls trip next month and I can not wait! I’ve always wanted to visit Scotland so to finally be going is amazing! I’m only heading off for four days on our break from college but we willΒ  definitely make the most of it and of course I will tell you all about it on here.

I am recently just back from Belfast, I spent a week up there last week and for the new year and I LOVED it! Honestly it was amazing and such a great experience. I have posts coming on that next week so stay tuned for that. So they are all my plans so far both for my blog and life in the coming year. I hope you all have a great new year and I wish you all the best! Thank you again for all the support<3 See you in my next post.

Lauren,

x.

16 Comments

1. January 6, 2018 / 5:50 pm

Sounds like you had a wonderful start to the year haha. Hopefully, the remainder of the year is just as nice. Happy new year πŸ˜„

• laurenellenscully
      January 7, 2018 / 9:54 pm

Thank you πŸ™‚ hopefully it will and the same for you lovelyπŸ’–

2. alyssa noviani
    January 6, 2018 / 10:08 pm

Good luck!! My oldest sister is having her wedding this year too. Hope it’s going on a good start so far for you!

• laurenellenscully
      January 7, 2018 / 3:48 pm

Awh good luck to both of you! Its so exciting πŸ™‚ Thank you, Hope its a great year for you too πŸ™‚

3. January 6, 2018 / 10:20 pm

All the best for 2018 Lauren xx

• laurenellenscully
      January 7, 2018 / 3:49 pm

Thank you! You too lovely πŸ™‚

4. January 6, 2018 / 10:49 pm

Congrats on going self-hosted! I’d love to read a post on why/how you made the decision and went about it. I am glad that 2017 is behind you and I wish you the best in 2018. <3

• laurenellenscully
      January 7, 2018 / 3:50 pm

Thank you! I’ll have a post up very soon about it all and hopefully it will give you some insight πŸ™‚

5. January 7, 2018 / 5:48 am

Hello, new follower here! I was searching tags, trying to find more blogs to follow finally after having my own for over a year, and came across yours. πŸ™‚ I just wanted to pop in and say I’m enjoying looking through your blog and I think it’s awesome you become self-hosted! I have been thinking about doing it too, but I feel like right now isn’t the time to invest in it. I’m waiting until after I finish nursing school to go all in for it! But I would love to read a post about going self hosted πŸ™‚

• laurenellenscully
      January 7, 2018 / 3:54 pm

Hi, Thank you so much for following my blog, thats so sweet of you! I have a new post coming very soon all about my experience so hopefully it will help you out for the future if you decide to go self hosted πŸ™‚

6. January 7, 2018 / 12:02 pm

Sounds like you have some exciting things in the works! All the best for 2018! πŸ˜€ xo

• laurenellenscully
      January 7, 2018 / 3:56 pm

Yeah I’m so excited for 2018 after such a bad year last year:) Hope its a great year for you too πŸ™‚ x

7. briannamarielifestyle
    January 8, 2018 / 4:20 pm

Congrats on all the success with your blog! That’s amazing πŸ™‚

• laurenellenscully
      January 9, 2018 / 4:32 pm

Awh thank you so much!πŸ’–

8. January 14, 2018 / 3:16 pm

Hopefully 2018 is a more positive year for you personally. I would love to read your story of going self hosted as it is something that I want to do but I’m a big wimp

• laurenellenscully
      January 15, 2018 / 9:46 pm

Awh thank you and the same to you! I have a post going live tomorrow, hopefully it will help or give you an insight into the process πŸ™‚